The Illinois Federation of Teachers recognizes that quality union-sponsored professional development is critical to helping you be more effective in your job and as a union leader. That's why the IFT offers a wide variety of professional development programs designed to enhance your skills and provide strategies to help educators, including paraprofessionals, meet the requirements of their professions.
IFT members have been taking advantage of the union's professional development programs since 1979. Courses are taught by union members ad staff who have been specially trained to meet your professional development and union training needs.
Assistance to locals, teachers and paraprofessionals include:
• Union Leadership Institute (ULI)
• Educational Research and Dissemination (ER&D)
• Most Valued Profession (MVP) Series
• Strategies for Student Success
• Induction/Mentoring Program Assistance
• Making Date Work for You and Making Classroom Assessments Work for You
• State and Federal Education Initiatives
• State Certification and Federal Highly Qualified Requirements
• Special Education Issues
• Response to Intervention (RtI)